Westwood currently is following the Cal-Fire guidlines concerning burn restrictions.
Updated October 24th 2023
Current Burn Restrictions:
Permits are currently required for Westwood Pinetown residents. Burn permits can be issuied at the Westwood Fire Department (206 Third St) or the Westwood Community Service District Office Monday threw Friday 9am to 5pm, or Online at the link below
JULY 1st ALL BURN PERMITS WILLBE SUSPENDED FOR THE FIRE SEASON
For burning debris in small 4-feet x 4-feet piles:
- Burn Permits Required
- Maximum pile size 4 foot in diameter.
- Clear all flammable material and vegetation within 10-feet of the outer
edge of pile and down to the bare earth.
- Keep a water supply close to the burning site.
- An adult should be in attendance with a shovel until the fire is out.
- No burning shall be undertaken unless weather conditions (particularly
wind) are such that burning can be considered safe.
- No burning of natural debris that didnt originate from permitted property.
No household trash or garbage can be burned outdoors at residences. Burn permits are only valid on “Permissive Burn Days” as determined by the State Air Resources Board or the local Air Pollution Control District (APCD).
Lassen County Air Quality Control District : 530-257-Burn
Call us if you have any questions: 530-256-3589
or Email us at Fire@westwoodcsd.org
Apply for a burn permit here: